Monday, November 22, 2010

Ultimate Reeses Cheesecake Brownie Bars

I found these while surfing the web for...I really don't know what I was surfing for...anyway...I had to try them because I LOVE chocolate and peanut butter!

I found the recipe here





Ultimate Reese's Cheesecake Brownie Bars

1 pkg. brownie mix
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese (I used Neufchatel)
2 tbsp. butter, softened
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (I used evaporated milk with some added sugar)
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
Reese's candy bars (I used about 6 of the individual Reese's PB Cups)

Preheat oven to 350. Mix brownies according to package. Spread in greased 9x13 pan. Chop up as many Reese's candy bars as you think best for your taste. Beat cream cheese, butter and cornstarch until fluffy. Beat in milk, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in your chopped candy bars. Spoon cheesecake batter on top of the brownie batter. Bake 40-45 minutes. Cool. Cut into bars and drizzle with peanut butter and chocolate candy melts and sprinkle reeses pieces on top of that. Refrigerate after cooling.




I didn't put the Reese's pieces on top, because I didn't have any and also because I thought it would be way too much.  I just put some chocolate and peanut butter chips and nuts on the top.  It turned out really good.

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious. I am going to try it out. Take a look at my site if you find time. I just started it. But, maybe we can share recipes?

    http://cookingnook85.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete