Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Tasty Chicken Tenders

I made this earlier in the week, and unfortunately did not photograph it. I plan on making this again soon and will update the post. I only had 10 chicken tenders and for hubby and I; that was plenty but I probably could've eaten more if I wanted to stuff myself silly! They were A-mazing! I adjusted the recipe for a larger amount of tenders since I made such a small amount.

2-3 lb. chicken tenders
2 c. flour
1 Tbs. Emeril's essence seasoning (I used an old spice bottle to mix a batch of this, it keeps for a while and it great to use as an all purpose seasoning)
1 c. buttermilk
1/2 c. milk
1 egg
2 c. bread crumbs
1 Tbs. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
Vegetable oil

Mix flour and Emeril's essence in a shallow dish. Mix buttermilk, milk and egg in another dish. Mix bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper together in a third dish. Set up in an assembly line heading towards a very large, shallow skillet with a thin layer (1/4") of vegetable oil. Set skillet on med-high heat.

While oil is heating, dredge the tenders in the flour, then milk and egg mixture, then finally into the bread crumbs. Once oil is hot add chicken tenders to the skillet, careful to not overcrowd and let the oil temperature drop. Fry on each side for about 4-5 minutes. Depending on how many tenders you have it may take several batches. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt immediately after taking out each batch. Keep warm in the oven or under a piece of foil covered loosely.

Serve with an oven baked mac 'n' cheese and a salad for a comfort food filled meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment